Nutrition support of the COVID-19 ICU patient
In this podcast episode, David Evans, MD, FACS, and Paul Wischmeyer, MD, EDIC, discuss the role of nutrition and immunity for patients and practitioners fighting the novel coronavirus Covid-19 in the ICU.
- What it’s like to fight Covid-19 in the ICU setting
- How their teams are using the new SCCM/ASPEN and ESPEN guidance to adapt their day to day best practices
- Innovative approaches for nutrition assessment and determining caloric needs
- Perspectives on COVID and co morbid illness
- The critical role of protein in treatment and recovery