> Industry News
> Calling all Dietitians, Nutrition Professionals and Students. The BDA Industry Specialist Group Has Officially Been Launched!
Calling all Dietitians, Nutrition Professionals and Students. The BDA Industry Specialist Group Has Officially Been Launched!
The Industry Specialist group will represent Dietitians working in all areas of industry where the research, development and product of nutritional products, services, resources and communications are the main outputs.
As part of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)‘s continued commitment to provide excellent membership value and to bring together and support Dietitians, the group has set the following objectives:
- Raise the profile of Dietitians and nutrition professionals in industry
- Support Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and networking opportunities
- Encourage career progression
- Develop policy and resources
- Cultivate the future workforce by fostering talent and creating student placements.
The committee includes a variety of Dietitians working in industry:
- Corrine Toyn (Chair) – Founder & Director at Chickpea Marketing
- Dr Samantha Gill (Vice Chair) – Specialist Gastroenterology Dietitian/R&D Manager at Symprove Ltd
- Emma Coates (Secretary) – Medical Affairs and Regulatory Manager at Nualtra Ltd
- Imogen McKenzie-Watson (Treasurer) – Medical and Scientific Affairs Manager at Abbott
- Ellie Bain (Social Media and Web officer) – Senior Nutritionist at Gousto
- Harriet Smith (Engagement Officer) – Founder & CEO at HRS Communications
- Paolo Lamparelli (Content and Research Officer) – Junior Category Manager at Danone.
If you’d like to find out more about the group and the committee, visit the BDA website https://www.bda.uk.com/specialist-groups-and-branches/dietitians-in-industry-specialist-group.html
For more regular updates, follow the BDA Industry Specialist group on LinkedIn (BDA Industry Specialist Group) and Twitter(@BDA_Industry).
The group are currently seeking members to join the committee and have vacancies for Events Officer and Sponsorships Officer. Check out the BDA website for more information.